The Feldenkrais Method facilitates learning about movement, posture and breathing to ultimately increase the ease and range of our movement, improve flexibility and coordination.
Through gentle movement lessons, you become more aware of how your habits may restrict your moving through life easily and pleasurably. You can learn new, easier options for movement.
What are the benefits?
- You will discover how habitual posture can contribute to pain and limit movement
- You can learn new and easier ways to do familiar tasks
- You will improve balance, increase flexibility and co-ordination
- You’ll be able to breathe more fully and deeply
- You’ll discover how to recognise and ease tension.
Who can benefit?
- People of all ages, from babies and children through to senior citizens
- Dancers, musicians, athletes and actors with recurrent injury and pain, or those simply wishing to improve performance
- People whose work may involve repetitive tasks
- People living with difficulties such as stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, injury or learning difficulties.